Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Progress on all fronts

In knitting news - I have both sleeves done for William the Weed jacket for my nephew.  I'll be starting on the body this weekend.  I'm so excited to try steeking...and so scared at the same time.

Also, I apologize in advance for future posts but suddenly it seems my life has become completely encompassed by wedding planning.  When did I lose my mind?  I never really thought much about wedding related stuff and suddenly it's all that comes to mind.

We have a date - note the new ticker/countdown.  We have the church reserved and now a reception site with caterer.  I'm getting to start thinking about wedding crafts, which is really what I'm looking forward to the most.  I don't want anything excessive but I'm hoping to complete shawls for each bridesmaid (two) and the groomsmaid (one) as well as myself.  If I find the time, I'm going to knit something for the mothers as well but that will be for later.

Also, I'm so stoked for our centerpieces.  The idea is still evolving but Michael thought of the greatest thing that is totally us.  A stack of antique looking books with vines "growing" around them.  We figure we'll start scouring thrift stores, yard sales, and ebay for some deals.

I'm just trying to not get stressed about it all.  This is supposed to be fun right?

Also - progress on the mini goals:



Step 1 - Drink at least 12 cups of water a day - Success
Step 2 - Complete one round of Power 90 - Today was Day 58.  I've been sporadic, but sticking with it.
Step 3 - Each small meals every 2-3 hours (at least 10g protein, no more than 40g carbs) - I'm not sure this is practical for me right now, but I'm trying
Step 4 - Don't eat within 2 hours of going to bed - Success
Step 5 - No more processed grains - So far, so good
Step 6 - At least one fruit or veggie with each meal - Two out of three meals. Progress
Step 7 - Get a minimum of 7 hours sleep. - Working on it still.

Things are happening in my little world.  So far I'm moving in the right direction!

No comments: