Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Let's Get Crafty

School started last week, I moved the week before, and this week I start a new job. It's a busy month. I've only knit a few inches on my Something Red cardigan. I whipped up a couple of dish cloths, because apparently mine have decided to hide during the great migration(s) of 2008. This is my second move in 6 months so many things have wandered to places unknown. The iron, can opener, and the cord to my Mp3 player are all on the MIA list. Heck, I may have "downsized" them when I left my last place. Ah well, things only take up space in my new studio apartment.

While I haven't been knitting I was rather crafty. One of the items that was downsized was my dresser. Actually, due to a broken drawer and weight it was deemed unworthy, not big enough, and just plain ugly. Really, what do you expect for $13 from Goodwill, and hey 2 years of use for $13 isn't too bad. Anyway, a new dresser was purchased, this time from St. Vincent de Paul and since M has a vehicle that will hold more than my lil car, I was able to upgrade to a tall dresser.

Of course the plain wood stain, along with scratches, water stains etc, were not for me. I spent my Labor Day weekend sanding and painting to my heart's content. It is now a fun shade of dark blue (trim) with white panels and drawers.

Pictures to come when M arrives with said dressser. I'm stoked to finally have my clothing not in complete disarray. it makes keeping the place clean much harder.

No comments: